Часть заметки из The Guardian. Сэм Тейлор-Вуд:
'Just try to get me off the karaoke machine'

• Dorian Lynskey
• The Guardian,
• Friday October 10 2008

http://keep4u.ru/imgs/b/081010/cf/cf81e9163882f7cca1.jpg

Sam Taylor-Wood ... 'I drunkenly went up to Neil Tennant and told him my mate fancied him. Then I was sick' Photographer: Guardian/Johnnie Shand Kydd
Fittingly for an artist, Sam Taylor-Wood has made her passion for music visible: one wall of her airy east London studio sports framed black-and-white portraits of Johnny Cash, Shane MacGowan and the Beatles. This month, in addition to an exhibition at the White Cube gallery and screenings of her debut short film, Love You More, she is releasing a record of her own. Following cover versions of Serge Gainsbourg and Donna Summer, it is her third collaboration with the Pet Shop Boys, who have a studio downstairs: a slinky, deadpan reading of the Passions' 1981 hit I'm in Love With a German Film Star.
Taylor-Wood doesn't take much persuasion to get behind a microphone. When she appeared on Desert Island Discs in 2005, her luxury item was a karaoke machine. "Sue Lawley kept saying, 'Why did you pick this record? What significance does it have to your life?'" she remembers. "And I kept saying, 'None. I just really like it.' So I don't think I was quite as insightful as I ought to have been." Film&Music has asked her to choose 10 songs that represent periods in her life, so this is her chance to make amends ...

The Pet Shop Boys: It's a Sin
I met them first at a Gilbert & George exhibition in the late 1980s. They had a party and I was with a friend of mine who's gay, and he fancied Neil (Tennant), so I drunkenly went up to Neil and told him. And then I think I fell over and was sick. He doesn't remember that, of course - I was just some drunk, irritating girl. I met Neil again when I had an exhibition in 1995 and he asked if I'd be interested in working with them on a show. We did the Somewhere shows at the Savoy Theatre in 1997, which was such a challenge and such good fun. I literally worked on it until I gave birth to my eldest daughter, Angelica, and two weeks after I gave birth I had to finish the bloody thing, so I was reeling. I like It's a Sin. That's a good one to get you going. We did the new song in half an hour. I'm a shameless show-off and that was too good an opportunity to miss. Just try to get me off the karaoke machine - I'm a nightmare. I'm not great, but who cares? It's boring when people are really good.
I'm in Love With a German Film Star is out on Kompakt on October 20. Sam Taylor-Wood's exhibition at White Cube Mason's Yard, London (020-7930 5373), runs from October 24 to November 29. Love You More is showing at BFI Southbank (020-7928 3232) on October 24 and 27 as part of the London film festival.